Health Canada has approved the use of marijuana as a legal medicine since 2001 and there are 35 Health Canada regulated Licensed Producers (listed here) who sell it to Canadians.
Cannascribe is working within the guidelines of Health Canada to help Canadians have informed, legal, safe and responsible access.
- Registration is quick and easy. Click Here for the necessary documents and detailed instructions.
- Once your completed forms are received, we will review them and if necessary, we may call to confirm some of the details. Once you are registered as a patient and your medical document has been validated we will send a confirmation letter. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
- You may travel within Canada provided that you keep your documentation with you at all times. All international travel is prohibited.
- Most insurance plans do not yet cover medicinal cannabis although some may offer coverage. We suggest contacting your insurance company personally to obtain this information accurately. Please check with your accountant, as the cost of your medicine may be tax deductible.
- As a registered Cannascribe patient, you will receive proof of your prescription from the Licensed Producer, which should be kept with you as a support document.